It is widely known that the words that you think and the stories that you tell yourself shape your reality. Whatever you are telling yourself the most, will become the lens in which you view the world.
Change the way you think and eventually you will believe yourself. And your life will change in the ways you want it to.
That’s where affirmations come in. Think about the things that you would like to change in yourself and in your life. Make sure they are positive statements (avoid the words “no” “don’t” and other such negative words) and write some down.
I have written down 26 for myself and I plan to read them to myself twice in the morning and again twice at night. Perhaps it will take 15 minutes out of my daily life, tops. Here are mine:
1. I love to keep myself healthy
2. Every cell in my body vibrates with energy and health
3. I have a fantastic memory
4. I am intuitive
5. I am important
6. I am becoming better everyday
7. I love to exercise my body
8. I forgive myself for all past mistakes
9. I forgive every person who has undermined my self-esteem
10. I am making a difference
11. I am grateful for what I have now and look forward to the future
12. Joy overflows in my life
13. I know how to promote my emotional and physical well-being and take the necessary steps towards them
14. I am the architect of my life
15. My body is healthy, my mind is brilliant, and my soul is tranquil
16. A river of compassion washes away my anger and replaces it with love
17. My marriage is becoming stronger, deeper, and more stable each day
18. I possess the qualities to become extremely successful
19. Creative energy surges through me and leads me to new and brilliant ideas
20. I finish what I start
21. I am open to new experiences and relationships
22. My thoughts are filled with positivity
23. My life is abundant
24. I am blessed with an incredible family and wonderful friends
25. Everything that is happening now is happening for my ultimate good
26. My obstacles are moving out of my way; my path is carved toward greatness
Remember, at first some of the things you tell yourself may seems ridiculous (I love to exercise my body?), but give it a chance. If you say these things to yourself enough times your whole perspective on life could change for the better. Let me know some of your favorite affirmations!